The Promise Zone framework is uniquely suited to promote collaboration, merge public and private resources, and reduce service duplication. Promise Zone communities across the nation are having great success in collaboration. Evansville Promise Zone will take its cues from these successes to strengthen the spirit of partnership here in our own community. Evansville Promise Zone Partners have already begun to meet and have requested more opportunities to network and build relationships.
Federal and State Partners
- U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) – PZ administrating agency, providing ongoing training, technical support and navigation of federal resources to all PZ designees; will employ a FTE Federal Liaison to help with navigating federal resources and provide technical assistance.
- Corporation for National & Community Service – Will provide (5) AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteers to live locally and provide program support in the areas of: Technology, marketing, fundraising, and resident and community engagement.
- Indy East Promise Zone (John Boner Center) – Provides mentor support and will participate in shared technical assistance opportunities with Evansville Promise
- Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (IHCDA)
- HOUSE (Housing Organizations United Serving Evansville)
- United Neighborhoods of Evansville
- ECHO Community Healthcare
- Vanderburgh County Health Department
- Evansville Public Library
- Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation (EVSC)
- 4C of Southern Indiana
- Ivy Tech Community College Southwest
- School Community Council Afterschool Coalition
- St. Vincent Health
- Evansville Water / Sewer Utility
- Youth First, Inc.
- Memorial Community Development Corporation
- WorkOne Southwest
- Growth Alliance for Greater Evansville (GAGE)
- Welborn Baptist Foundation
- Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Economic Development Coalition of Southwest Indiana
- Southwest Indiana Chamber
- University of Evansville
- Evansville Police Department
- Old National Bank